"

Monday, September 30, 2013

Letters to Our Sons | September



Each month, I am sharing a personal post with a letter to my son. A group of mothers and photographers joined together for this project to preserve memories and share our love for our little boys.

Dear Abram,

You are you, and I just want to bottle that up. We tried soccer again this year. At the beginning of the first game, here you were:
IMG_0924
Aggressive! I couldn't believe it! Then a teammate dragged you to the ground and an adult stood in the way of the goal when it was your chance to score. And you were back to you, ready to just play pretend and pick flowers. My boy.

THIS is you:

IMG_1655
Batman pajamas, snow boots, "hiiii-YAH" with a sword against imagined foes.

IMG_1659 THIS is you:

web_apples01

Silly and laughing and happy to be spending time with your mom and a friend. Finding treasures in nature.

web_apples02

And here you are at the last game of the soccer season. After spending 75% of the game playing Iron Man and looking for honeybees with a new found friend, you ran after the ball and kicked it at the very last minute. (Nevermind that you were bribed with the promise of a bounce house if you got in 5 kicks.) Big smile, so proud, doesn't matter this isn't the right field. My boy.

web_soccer3

You are the best kid.

Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Pickles and Pie Photography said...

I love this!! so sweet... I definitely need to do this for my boys.. .

Post a Comment