"

Sunday, February 5, 2012

All About Me {Carrie P}



Carrie P Photography is a natural light photographer based in Troy, Illinois. She specializes in newborn, maternity, child, and family sessions with a clean, classic style. Sessions are available year round at your favorite locations.

About me:

Hi! I am a 30-something mommy and 2nd grade teacher. I grew up in the St. Louis area and I lived in Florissant, St. Charles, and Chesterfield (along with a few years in Dallas) before settling with my family in Troy, Illinois. I am an animal lover and a Cardinals fan.

My personality is easy-going, calm, and patient. Of course I can also throw in some silly to get your little one smiling!

From the time I got my first camera, I loved posing my friends and family and dressing up my dog for portraits. It wasn't until a few years ago that I got frustrated with the results I was getting from my point and shoot. I began to notice beautiful portraits of children and was determined to learn, "How did they do that?" So I read, I asked questions, I experimented, and I continue to learn!

About my photography:

My goal is to create beautiful photography, not Photoshopped creations. I do edit each photo individually and use Photoshop to enhance color and fix blemishes. You can expect the colors in my photos to look natural. I prefer simple scenery and minimal props to keep the focus on the subject. It is important to me that I am capturing your family, your child's expressions, who you ARE rather than taking photos with a generic prop with client after client.

As you consider me to capture your family or an important milestone, please view my portfolio . These will give you an idea of my style. If you have something else in mind, please email me to see if I can accommodate your vision. If I cannot, I am happy to recommend some other local photographers who may be better suited to you.

I hope we'll have the chance to work together soon!
_MG_0702

0 comments:

Post a Comment